Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Forum shoot- Day 1

So I am finally sitting down to blog about the Forum shoot that I did back in October! Phew morning sickness is a killer! All day everyday! I'm glad that is behind me! I have just now finally caught up on all the housework and photography editing/designing that had backlogged while I was so under the weather. In the meantime, I went to Nicaragua, Central America for a friend's wedding and we got an offer on our house. We closed last week! YIPPEE!! Off to Spartanburg we go... and more importantly, Dada/hubby here we come!

Anyway... getting back on track... when I was down in Florida in October I did a shoot for the Florida Children's Forum. Their graphic design artist was tired of the forum spending bundles purchasing individual stock photos for their publications, and since she's a long time family friend and is familiar with my work, she came up with the awesome idea of having the Forum employees bring their kids to different locations for me to photograph them "doing what kids do." The Forum paid a lump sum for me to take, edit and deliver the photos for their unlimited use. We both made out well on the deal! It was definitely a HUGE challenge coraling so many kids at one time and trying to get shots of all of them (and at the same time avoid including the parents who were all standing around observing). I have definitely learned to have a little more backbone and say when I need adults to "vamos" from my shots. (Sorry I know.... that's horrible Spanish!)

The first day we went to a local day care center and I got photos of children of all different ages doing everything from reading, playing dolls, and building with blocks to climbing on a playground and riding bikes.  It was a crazy fun-filled day, but it went off better than I could have ever imagined!  Check out some of the fun photos from Day 1 below.
Happy Tuesday!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment