Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Amber... super fun maternity photos!

Here's a fall session that I am finally blogging. 

When I was getting ready for this session, I was both excited and nervous.  I always feel that way when I'm shooting for a friend.  I want to take the best possible photos and capture exactly the feeling they are envisioning.  This one had some added craziness because Amber had SEVERAL props that various family members had given her that needed to somehow appear in at least a photo or two.  She was so great though!  She took the time to photograph each item beforehand and email them to me so I could brainstorm before I got to the shoot.  That was awesome!  I also went to Little Mulberry Park (in Dacula, GA) a few days before the shoot so I could have a basic flow in my mind to hopefully keep my poor expectant model from walking back and forth all over creation while I scoped out a spot for each shot.

When the day came, the weather was GORGEOUS!  We started out early in the morning with sweet morning light.  Amber and Shaun were awesome to work with.  As a matter of fact, I was so shocked with how laid back Shaun was.  Some dads (and guys in general) get impatient with me during a shoot because getting creative shots is probably not high on their priority list, but Shaun was so easy-going about the whole shoot.  He posed however I asked him to, and he pushed Amber's clothes and props around all morning with a smile on his face.  (To really appreciate the last sentence check out the photo at the bottom of the post of the strollers we drug around with us!)

Amber was so precious!  I don't think she stopped smiling the whole shoot (except for when I asked her to try to look more "natural"... maybe "serious" is a better word because smiling is "natural" for her!), and it was obvious that she was so excited to finally be starting their family.  She was such as trooper as we marched up and down hills and I asked her to sit, stand, lie down, etc. over and over and over. 

After all was said and done, the photos from this shoot are my favorite maternity photos that I have shot to date.  This session really stretched my creativity level a lot, and as I've said before, "I like a challenge!"

Have a terrific Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment