Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tomorrow is Little man's day...

So last week I challenged myself to literally "pencil in" down-time into our week. I'm back to give you an update. I have to tell you all that this week has been SOOOO wonderful! Monday is now our "at home day," and I have all day to get cleaning and laundry done with no interruptions... aside from little buddy's mischievious endeavors. Friday is a mommy-and-me day devoted entirely to spending time with my little guy with no other "obligations" permitted to interrupt and steal these precious moments or the memories we are making. Tomorrow we are spending it with his Olliemama, Nana and Aunt Gin Gin (or "Didi" in James' language) eating Mexican! YUM!

On the other weekdays we have various weekly commitments and also open slots to fill with playdates, appointments and ministry. When those open times are gone... they're gone. No borrowing from "Home day" or "Mommy-and-me Day" to keep las amigas happy (sorry, ladies). Even though on paper it looks like I have less time to accomplish must-do's, I have been so much more productive because my rest days give me energy for my busy days.

I highly recommend that if you are like I was and you keep thinking, "I really need to slow down; I'm way too busy. We need more family time," don't just sit there thinking it, DO IT!!! Take five minutes RIGHT NOW to pull out your planner (if you are the planner type like me) open it up to the next week (or the next semi-open week) and write in one or more FREE days. Oh yeah, and add a new word to your DAILY vocabulary... NO! It's a beautiful thing!

What a blessing to relax and recharge! Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful, restful week.

Thankful for Thursdays!

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment