Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mary Kay, House showings and catching up with friends...

Phew! It has been a whirlwind of a week. My hubby was out of town again for work... bummer! So My little guy and I had to hold the fort down by ourselves. This week has been slammed full of everything from catching up with friends to getting the house ready to show TWICE to running around like crazy trying to help my team leader finish up her run for Mary Kay director. Wait... I need to catch my breath! (Breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out). Okay... I'm good.

Now that it's FINALLY Thursday I had time to sit back and reflect on what we accomplished this week. 1) My team leader is now a director... yay! The race is over, and I can finally fully throw myself back into photography! 2) I spent quality time with three friends and discipled another. 3) We showed the house twice and thankfully as of yesterday at midnight, it is officially off the market for a few months! (Don't get too excited... I'm sorry to say that we did not sell it.) Mommy just needed a break, and since we are heading into the "dead" time of year real estate-wise, we decided that letting the listing expire was the right thing to do.

I realized that I need to slow down and take more time for myself and more planned mommy-time with my little buddy. It is so easy to fill every space in the week with a "meeting" with someone that next thing you know all you're doing is going, going, going.... never stopping to "smell the roses" or enjoy watching your 1 1/2 year old play with his "bop bop" or his "ba" (translation "hammer" and "ball") or sit and read about the "ta-tor" (tractor) in his truck book.

Today I am making the conscious decision to pull out my planner and "pencil in" mommy-time and free time for me so I have the energy to be a better mommy, wife and photographer. So if you're one of my friends who gets a "no" this week when you ask about getting together, just know that I still love you. In fact, I'll be a more lovable friend if I don't pack my week so tight! So get with me early if you want me to pencil you in! :)

Thankful it's Thursday!

Ally


Here's a cute photo of my boys from my first attempt at little man's 18 month shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you...Enjoy that Mommy time- it is so hard to ignore the other to-do's, but this is precious time.

    You've challenged me to make Zoey time on of the to-do's on my list!

    Love ya!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete