Monday, September 19, 2011

Senior Rep: Kaitlyn P.


On Saturday my day started off a little rocky. My tigers gave up a big loss to Clemson, and broke their 17-0 record. Sniff... sniff... What could be a better pick-me-up than a senior photo shoot?... especially when it's with someone as special as Kaitlyn.

Sometimes God amazes me at how he uses seemingly unconnected things and brings them together in very unexpected ways. When we moved back to Georgia, I accepted a 6 week substitute teaching position at Gwinnett High School for a Spanish I teacher out on maternity leave. I went into it thinking I was doing it to help earn a little extra money to pay for the various projects we had planned for our new house. Little did I know that from the contacts I made there would come a future Bride (Jen M.) and my newest Senior Rep (then Sophomore) Kaitlyn P.

Kaitlyn was a good student in Spanish I and was always very respectful, but sadly after I left North Gwinnett, I didn't expect to see her or most of the other students I had taught again. A sad part of being a sub is leaving behind the students you've connected with.

Later that same school year when my little man was just 6 weeks months old, I just "happened" to meet Kaitlyn again at a park, and she gave me her number for babysitting in the future. (Thank you, Lord, for divine appointments!) Fast forward 1 1/2 years... Kaitlyn is a beautiful Senior now and was looking for a photographer who could offer her something more than the traditional posed portraits. How perfect that God brought her to my mind when I began looking for North Gwinnett Reps! After a few emails back and forth, she agreed to be my female Senior Rep for North!

We couldn't have asked for better weather on Saturday... the sky was a perfect blue with just the faintest wispy clouds scattered here and there, and the temperature was warm but much more bearable than the 90+ weather we've been enduring for months. And my "model"... well, let me just say, "Kaitlyn belongs in front of a camera!" She just falls into poses naturally without looking stiff and she takes direction well, not to mention that she is just fun to be around!

Kaitlyn... you are gorgeous... really, you are. Not just on the outside, but on the inside as well. :) I know you'll make a great dental hygienist one day, and I'll be proud to bring my kids to you so you can keep their teeth pearly white and ready for their paparazzi mommy! ;)

And without further-a-do... here are some beautiful photos of this beautiful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment