Tuesday, August 9, 2011

5 years of happily ever after...


My hubby and I celebrated our 5th anniversary last Friday! How does time fly so fast? It has been a crazy journey starting in Tallahassee, FL and taking us through Auburn (AL), Atlanta (GA), Lilburn (GA), Trenton (MI), Duluth (GA), and when our house sells... Spartanburg (SC). We've come so far in 5 years in more ways than one. We've had our ups and downs, but I am so blessed to be married to the most wonderful man in the world... yes, Ladies... sorry to report that he's already taken... but maybe #2 is still on the market. ;)

As I think about our journey over the last 5 years, what stands out most is how we have really learned to communicate. I laugh when I think back to how good I thought we communicated the last few months of our engagement, and when my parents (as our premarital counselors) emphasized the importance of communication over and over, I thought, "there's nothing we can't be open with each other about. We are comfortable saying anything... we communicate so well already." Haha! Boy, did we have so much to learn! And I'm sure we still do, but after a few rough spots this last year, I can say with conviction that I am more "in love" with him now than I ever was. Love just means more to me than it did. I still "feel" in love a lot of the time, but now I know from experience that love is not based on feelings... love truly is a CHOICE, and it is WORK. But love is beautiful, and God is so good to allow us to experience it in such an intimate way in marriage here on earth!

I'm sure you sat down to browse my blog today just so you could read a reflection on love and communication, right?... haha! Gotta cut me a break cuz it's my 5th anniversary!!!!!

But I'll let it stop here and without further a'do... here are a few fun photos of my wedding. Of course I didn't shoot these, but they are fun to share nonetheless! Enjoy!





My wedding photographer was Leah Langley. Check out her work! http://leahlangley.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know that car! ; )
    Happy Anniversary...we were blessed to be a part of your big day!

    ReplyDelete