Monday, March 14, 2011

Singing and Dancing in Heaven!

What a beautiful thing to be a part of a new brother or sister joining God's family!! God has been teaching me so much about the power and importance of prayer through my radical experiment, and today I saw the fruit of it in a tangible way!!

For the past several months God has given me the opportunity to help a hispanic lady and her three kids who are suffering a severe financial hardship. Through gifts of food and money from my brothers and sisters in Christ and some of her friends, God has been providing for their needs! For months I have been praying that God would help her to see that He is the one who is providing for her needs by touching others' hearts to help her. And He has! Over the last couple of weeks, she and I have talked about God's provision, and I know that she sees it in her circumstances even when I don't point it out as such.

The last several weeks, Satan has fought hard to keep her from coming to church by sending various calamities her way on Saturday night (injuries, illness and the death of her oldest son in an accident to name a few). Sunday morning I had a real sense that it was because God was really moving in her life, and Satan was going to do everything in his power to stop it.

But God is greater! So with God leading me and the prayer support of friends and family behind me, I explained how she could become a child of God by accepting Christ's sacrifice for her on the cross and inviting him into her heart to be the Lord of her life. And she did. It was so beautiful to see the difference in her afterwards, and to be able to tell her that as a child of God, she would always be under his protecting wings. Hardships will still come, but now she has a Father to give her the strength and peace to overcome them!

I know this has nothing to do with photography, but like my other Radical Experiment posts it has so much to do with who I am and what really matters here on this earth- making an eternal difference with those we meet, so I wanted to share it with you. PRAISE GOD that I have a new sister in Christ!

God is Good!
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment