Friday, March 11, 2011

My Shootsac and Photoshop CS5 are here!

So... I just got two new, fun photography tools (a Shootsac and Photoshop CS5), and I am sooooooooo excited! I got the money for my Shootsac for Christmas, but I opened the card from my great aunt with the last bit I needed on New Year's Eve about 6 hours AFTER their "After Christmas Sale" ended. :( So I joined their mailing group and have been waiting for the next sale ever since. They ran a 3 day President's Day Sale a few weeks ago, and I was so excited to finally be able to order my Shootsac ! When the UPS man rang the door bell, I felt like a little kid again and picked up the box while singing, "It's here... it's here! My Shootsac is here!" Haha! How mature of me! I haven't had a chance to do a shoot with it, but I hope to soon! If you are like me and always feel like carrying your camera bag around on a shoot (or while shooting photos of your kids) is just to cumbersome, then you've got to check out Shootsac video!

I also recently purchased Photoshop CS5 and am LOVING it!!! What an incredible difference it makes in my photos. The black and whites especially look better, but so do the colors because I have better contrast control and "blemish" editing capabilities. I have played on it for hours every night! Fun, fun! (I'm such a nerd!) This purchase was a small dilemma for me because I had promised myself that other than the Christmas money for my Shootsac, everything else was going towards my new camera... hopefully a Nikon D700. But when I got an email from amazon.com about a $400 discount, I felt like this was an opportunity that I couldn't miss since I had figured that it would be at least 2-3 years before I could save enough to purchase the camera first and then photoshop (since CS5 is usually $700). And now... well... my camera savings fund is almost down to nada, but I think it was a wise purchase, and I'll just start saving again for the camera. Anyone need photos this month? ;)

Hurray for new photography toys... I mean tools!

Have a Fabulous Friday!

Ally

Here's my Shootsac with the new custom cover that I got for Christmas... TOO CUTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment