Friday, March 18, 2011

A new bedspread... one of life's simple pleasures

Yay! Our new bedspread set is here! Shootsacs, Photoshop, and a new bedspread? Do you have a problem that we need to talk about? Okay, so I promise that I am not a shop-a-holic! If you ask Jim, I am anything but... in fact, I am pretty sure that if you look up Allyson in the thesaurus you'll find that "tightwad"...I mean "thrifty"...is a pretty accurate synonym. Haha! But I digress...


So, when we moved into our house and purchased our first (and probably last) bedroom suit, we needed a King size bedspread set for the first time ever. I pretty much bought the cheapest decent one I could find at TJ Maxx. It was not a bad bedspread except that it was EXACTLY the length of the matress from top to bottom with nothing to hang down, (Good thing I talked Jim into a sleigh bed!) and the sides were not long enough to cover the sheets on both sides. The colors also did not match the baby blue and brown color scheme that I was going for in our bedroom/bathroom, but hey, when you're house-poor you take what you can get. It has kept us nice and toasty every night for a year and a half, so I'd say it was worth it.

Then two weeks ago, after Jim's mom had been down and heard that I was starting to keep my eyes open for a new bedspread that would actually match our colors, she found a super cute set that matched the blue in our bathroom almost exactly and emailed me the link. It was only 39.99, which is a steal for a King size set, so with Jim's permission I ordered it, and I have to say after a week with it, I am so pleased. The perfectionist within me can't get enough of how the bedroom seems to flow seamlessly into the bathroom now that the color schemes match!


So 10 cool points go to Bed, Bath and Beyond for putting this awesome set on clearance!

Have a Fantastic Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment