Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Shots

I think my skill has increased a lot since my first try with the fall shots. These were taken at the same park, but at sunset. Most days up here during the winter are overcast and can be just blah, but this particular Saturday the sky was clear and a gorgeous blue! Gracias Dios por lo que pintaste!



So I have to tell the story that goes along with these pictures. Id' been dying to go out and get some pretty winter shots for over a month now, and I just hadn't had a chance with the miscarriage, the holidays and Morgan's death. So I was determined to go out last Saturday. Well... Jim and I spent most of the day going to Cabela's and Bass pro looking for a winter coat for me and some other stuff he needed (They are both about and hour from our house and not right next to each other so we spent most of our time driving!)


Anyway, when we got back it was about 4:15, and I quickly grabbed my camera and was about to head out when I felt God tugging at my heart. I hadn't spent any time with Him, He seemed to be telling me. So I wrestled with Him for a few minutes because I was afraid there wouldn't be any decent photographing light left if I didn't leave soon, but I finally gave in and read a little in Ruth and then journaled. In my journal entry I thanked him for the way He had allowed photography to be a distraction from the pain of losing our baby, and asked that He would "help my abilities and confidence to increase... and [allow] my photos bring glory to [Him] in some way."


So I headed out, and changed my mind about which park I would head to because of the little sunlight that would be left if I went that far. The whole way I was praying for enough light to get a few good shots, and... WOW... did he deliver over and above! When I got there the sun was beginning to set, casting its magnificent light through the trees and across the snow. I started shooting and ended up with some AMAZING shots! And to think, if I had left when I first wanted to I would have gone to a different park, started much sooner, and been finished shooting before the sun began it's beautiful journey down for the night! GOD IS GOOD and works in misterious ways!


Looking through these photots, I think you will agree that they do bring glory to Him for the beauty that only He could create! Enjoy! And please let me know what you think!! God bless!

P.s. Of course I had to include one of my favorite bridge! Check out the cool way the sun is reflecting off of the bottom of it! God is the master artist!



4 comments:

  1. Very nice photographs.

    You obviously like to shoot on an angle.

    That seems to be your signature style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these winter shots! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow man u should get paid for these pictures! they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete