Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blayne is 3!!

My buddy Blayne turned three last Friday (zoo day), and Sunday afternoon we had his birthday party. Beth let him pick out the party stuff, and he decided to go with a batman theme. She said it was funny because the party stuff for his three favorite things- Cars, Batman and Star Wars- happened to be right next to each other at the party store, so she thought he'd have a hard time choosing, but nope... batman it was.


We celebrated at the bowling alley after church on Sunday and had a blast! (of course!) There were 2 kids and about 12 adults... haha!

Blayne was HILARIOUS when it was his turn to bowl because he could just barely pick up the ball. He would carry it to the end of the lane and then just drop it and let it roll. (It took like 3 minutes before it actually reached the pins!!) Once or twice we had to roll another ball behind his to bump it because it just didn't have enough "umph" to get all the way there.

He was excited about his cake and the candles but wasn't sure about the whole being sung to thing. He started out smiling, and then rethought that about halfway through and replaced it with a frown, but when we finished, he was back to his old self and
had a good time blowing his candles out.
This was my first "real" attempt at decorating a cake, and I think it came out pretty good! At least Blayne and Beth were happy with it! (And I love this cream cheese frosting recipe I found!! Email me, and I'll gladly share it!)

Presents were great of course! And boy! Did he ever make out well on that front! He got tons of new toys, movies, etc.

It was a great party, and I can hardly believe my buddy is three now!

No comments:

Post a Comment